Adopt a Family!
By adopting one (or more!) of our families, you are supplying presents, but more importantly, providing an opportunity for parents to focus on creating fun holiday memories with their children. Our suggested spending limit per child is $100.
Support Adopt a Family by making a monetary gift to Lydia Place. Every dollar supports our families in maintaining independent housing and safe environments for children.
It’s time for the 21st Annual Adopt a Family program!
In partnership with KAFE Radio, this program brings gifts (and smiles!) to over 100 Lydia Place families with children. For many of our families, this is their first holiday season in their own home. Thank you for joining us and making this a fun, happy, and safe season!
“We are so grateful for such amazing and generous people in our community helping my little family to get through the hardest time in our lives. I don’t think I could do this without the generous help we’ve been blessed with!”
“I am thankful for a job that I not only love, but that I am passionate about. I’m thankful for a family that loves and supports one another, and that my children enjoy time as a family. I’m thankful for a generous community that has surrounded us, blessed us, and encourages us.”
Alternative or Additional Involvement Opportunities
Already adopted a family and still want to help? Here are some fun ways to support our families this holiday season.
- Complete A Partially Completed Wish List: Sometime a families list is only partially complete. Contact our offices to see what items are missing and be a Winter Wonderland Superstar!
- Gift Certificates: Gift certificates to a variety of retailers including Target, Walmart, Kmart and Fred Meyer are essential at this time of year and throughout the entire year for family support and ongoing essentials. All companies and denominations accepted.
- Books + Diapers: Diapers in larger sizes (2-pullups), and books ages birth to 5 years of age are always in high demand.
- Welcome Home Basket: We strive to offer a Welcome Home Basket to every Lydia Place family as they transition into permanent housing. You can create one of these essential packages wish the following items: paper towels, sponges, toilet paper, box of tissue, garbage bags, sandwich bags, dish soap, hand soap, kitchen towels, pot holders, foil, plastic wrap, hangers, cleaning wipes, soap, shampoo & conditioner.
- Volunteer: We need you! Lydia Place has a variety of programs and supportive services that require volunteer support. From being a client support volunteer, to kids group, to a Wise Buys Retail Associate. We have a position for you! Visit: http://www.lydiaplace.org/how-to-help/volunteer/ or email: firstname.lastname@example.org