Website Lydia Place
VISION: A compassionate community where everyone has a home and the opportunity to thrive.
LYDIA PLACE VALUES:
We believe it is our responsibility to actively challenge systems of oppression. We recognize a majority of those experiencing homelessness have been marginalized.
We believe that the best way to eliminate homelessness is to look beyond short-term solutions and focus on breaking the generational cycle of poverty.
We value each other as humans first. We know that the best outcomes for our clients and our community are achieved when our team is healthy and thriving.
TO APPLY: Email resume and detailed cover letter outlining your interest, qualifications and experience as it relates to this position in attached .doc or .pdf format to HR & Operations Manager, Haley White email@example.com. You may also submit hard copy materials via PO BOX 28487 Bellingham, WA 98228. Position open until filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT: Lydia Place is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on the basis of race, sex/gender, religion/creed, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin, genetic markers, military or veteran’s status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- BA in Human Services or related field and 1 year of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to work independently, adapt easily to change, and handle stressful situations effectively and regularly
- Experience working with a diverse group of people
- Understands issues of oppression, homelessness, violence against women and children, racism, intersectionalities and poverty
- Basic knowledge of housing and support resources for low-income families in Whatcom County
- Ability to read and interpret documents, and write routine reports and correspondence with clarity and effectiveness
- Proficiency with word processing, Microsoft Office programs, and internet software
- Excellent interpersonal skills, public speaking skills and communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Well organized; able to develop and carry out complex timelines and action plans
- Ability to be flexible, work effectively as part of a team, commitment to embracing diversity and respecting individuals differences
- Must undergo Federal Background and DSHS Investigation
- Valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle and proof of insurance required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
CASE MANAGEMENT & DIRECT CLIENT SERVICES:
- Support clients with housing application/process, one-on-one case management, advocacy, rapport building, assessments, resource and referral, development of case plan, crisis management, compliance review, and program participation viability.
- Advocate for clients from a client-centered approach which supports clients in functioning as independently as possible
- Recognize the complexities of poverty and homelessness, and provide comprehensive advocacy services to clients, which address all factors that have contributed to their homeless status.
- Assist client with the application and lease-up process with both their property manager and/ or BHA; and accompany them to related appointments as needed.
- Develop a permanent housing service plan; collaborate with other agencies to meet client needs.
- Schedule and facilitate on-going home visits and office appointments with clients to evaluate service effectiveness and progress toward goals.
- Educate clients about landlord/tenant laws and reporting requirements
- Facilitate occasional groups, community events, and educational classes
- Assist with special events such as Thanksgiving food box donations, adopt-a-family program, children’s birthday donations
- Maintain full residential capacity of any assigned Supportive Service units (20-22 households at a time for 1.0 FTE)
COMMUNICATION, DOCUMENTATION, OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Fulfill all duties as a mandated reporter of child abuse or child neglect to DCFS.
- Maintain client confidentiality in all circumstances except those required by law.
- Participate in weekly case management supervision and Team Meetings.
- Communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, supervisors, BHA, and other community partners.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of client files; enter data into both CMS and HMIS, including compliance with all contract and confidentiality requirements.
- Represent Lydia Place at designated community meetings and through public presentations as assigned; preserve positive effective relationships with landlords, property managers, and housing providers in the community.
- Act as back-up staff for the on-call rotation.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform job successfully, the individual should demonstrate the following competencies: listens and gets clarification, balances team and individual responsibilities, gives and welcomes feedback, treats people with respect, keeps commitments, follows policies and procedures, completes administrative tasks correctly and on time, supports organization’s goals and values, adapts to changes in the work environment, is consistently at work on time, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent, asks for and offers help when needed, displays willingness to make decisions, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people on decision making process, observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception. While performing these job duties, the employee is regularly required to listen to others and provide verbal feedback. The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time. Employee also is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, or balance.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org