Website Lydia Place
POSITION TITLE: COMMUNICATIONS & GRAPHICS MANAGER
MISSION: To disrupt the cycle of homelessness and promote sustained independence for current and future generations.
VISION: A compassionate community where everyone has a home and the opportunity to thrive.
PROGRAM: Community Engagement Program
SUPPORTED BY: Community Engagement Director
SALARY RANGE: $19.00-27.06 per hour*, non-exempt, 40 hrs/week
*Candidate offers consider experience, qualifications, and internal equity.
Entry salary typically in the first third of the range.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: 21 days of paid time off (PTO) per year; 11 paid holidays; agency sponsored healthcare plan (for Regular employees working 30 or more hours per week); 3% employer contribution to 403(b) Retirement Plan after 1 year of employment; supportive work culture; family friendly and flexible scheduling.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Communications & Graphics Manager position is an integral part of thLydia Place Community Engagement team, helping to further the agency’s ability to engage the community in disrupting the cycle of homelessness for current and future generations and grow the base of support. This position works closely with the Community Engagement Director to create brand focused graphic and web designs/files, manage online web content and data, create and manage communication tools/assets, and provide general agency event support.
LYDIA PLACE VALUES:
We believe strong healthy communities are the foundation a better world.
We believe it is our responsibility to actively challenge systems of oppression. We recognize a majority of those experiencing homelessness have been marginalized.
We believe that the best way to eliminate homelessness is to look beyond short-term solutions and focus on breaking the generational cycle of poverty.
We value each other as humans first. We know that the best outcomes for our clients and our community are achieved when our team is healthy and thriving.
TO APPLY: Email resume and detailed cover letter outlining your interest, qualifications and experience as it relates to this position in attached .doc or .pdf format to HR & Operations Manager, Haley White at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also submit hard copy materials via PO BOX 28487 Bellingham, WA 98228. Position open until filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT: Lydia Place is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on the basis of race, sex/gender, religion/creed, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin, genetic markers, military or veterans status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
• Demonstrated experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in graphic design, marketing, communications or equivalent
• 2 years of experience in design, marketing and/or communication field
• The above required combination of education and experience must include the following:
➢ Proficient with industry standard design software, including but not limited to: Adobe Cloud – InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, Canva
➢ Web design and html proficient: WordPress, installing templates, uploading/managing databases and CMS tools
➢ Campaign marketing and fundraising platform software proficiency, programs such as: Constant Contact, MailChimp, Greater Giving, Harness
➢ Social Media Platforms – Facebook, Instagram
• Background/ interest in the fields of social justice, human services, community education and engagement
• Experience working with a diverse groups of people
• Proficiency with word processing, Microsoft Office programs, and cloud-based internet software
• Completion of background investigation that includes social security verification, professional reference checks, and a federal criminal background investigation
• Valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle and proof of vehicle insurance required
• Proficiency in Spanish, Russian, or Sign Language preferred
*Portfolio reflecting work across multiple media should be available upon request
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES:
Anti-Oppressive Lens – must be able to adopt anti-oppression, anti-racist, and trauma informed framework to navigate complex systems of racism, poverty, homelessness,
violence against women and children, and other systems of oppression.
Effective Communication – must be able to read and interpret documents, write reports, and correspond verbally and in writing with clarity, and must embody active
listening skills. Must be able to ask for help when needed and offer help to others when appropriate.
Initiative – ability to assess and identify actions to address issues independently while knowing when to ask for appropriate support.
Organization – effectively able to manage time and develop and carry out complex timelines and action plans.
Integrity – responsible, reliable, and accountable for actions in all settings. Open and honest about own strengths, limitations, and boundaries. Able to maintain confidentiality.
Emotional Intelligence – must have an awareness of own emotions and be able to manage them while also being able to understand and respond appropriately to the
emotions of others. Effectively manage disagreements. Ability to manage frequent high stress situations.
Open-mindedness – adept at holding space for opposing ideas and embrace diversity in all areas of the workplace.
Courage – willingness to step outside of your comfort zone to address uncertainty, fear, discomfort, and inequities.
Curiosity – positive change and innovation requires that we ask questions. The “why’s”, “why not’s, and “what-if’s” are crucial to this work and we encourage and expect employees to ask questions. We look for curiosity about ourselves, our workplace, the people and families we serve, and the larger community.
Flexibility – able to adapt and pivot as situations arise that are unexpected and/or challenging. Embrace needed change and manage well when faced with ambiguity.
Creativity – thinking outside the box, resourcefulness, trying new things, approaching things differently and moving beyond the status quo.
Collaboration – embraces a team approach with colleagues, community partners, and can work both individually and part of a team when needed.
PREFERRED QUALITIES/ STRENGTHS/ SKILLS:
• Ability to balance multiple project/ work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Ability to translate vision/ concept to tangible tools and materials
• Excellent communication with project team/ leaders
• Sound understanding of design, marketing, branding and design principles
• Strong copywriting skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas
• Strong organizational and administration skills
• Strong verbal and written communication and excellent interpersonal skills
• Flexibility in scheduled work hours as necessary
GENERAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
• Work closely with the Community Engagement Director to manage branding, graphic and marketing templates/designs, and publicity – including but not limited to: electronic and print newsletters, outreach materials, press releases, fundraising campaigns, and social media engagement.
• Work closely with the Community Engagement Director and Executive Director to create communication campaigns including but not limited to: monthly newsletters, End of Year newsletter, and program/outreach videos
• Work with the leadership team to develop materials that effectively communicate program values, outcomes, statistics, and stories to enhance community awareness, aid in program evaluation, and help fund programs and services
• Create and produce event specific branding guidelines/templates for use in marketing materials including event sponsor packets, stickers, forms, programs, banners, posters, table displays, and any additional visual graphic needs for print or web, for Lydia Place direct service programs and fundraising/outreach events
• General production of (but not limited to): business cards, mailers, media tears, newsletters, flyers, brochures, teasers, posters, and swag such as t-shirts, mugs, key chains, stickers, pens, etc.
• Manage external vendors for print and bid process
• Maintain physical and digital marketing library
• Manage publicity requests and ensure adherence to the agency style/brand guide
• Maintain lydiaplace.org website – updating outreach materials, event calendar, job posting, program updates, and fundraising forms as needed
• Assist with interfacing and maintenance between lydiaplace.org and program systems, included but not limited to Constant Contact, Etapestry, Greater Giving, + Harness
• Develop and manage event marketing plans, event websites, and communication campaigns to support successful events
• Provide general event support as needed
• Other duties as assigned
To perform job successfully, the individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Visionary leadership and ability to make thoughtful change as needed, balances team and individual responsibilities, gives and welcomes feedback, listens and gets clarification, treats people with respect, keeps commitments, follows policies and procedures, completes administrative tasks correctly and on time, supports organization’s goals and values, adapts to changes in the work environment, is consistently at work on time, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent, asks for and offers help when needed, displays willingness to make decisions, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people on decision making process, observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception. While performing these job duties, the employee is regularly required to listen to others and provide verbal feedback. The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time. Employee also is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, or balance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com