Website Lydia Place
INTERNSHIP POSITION: COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT INTERN
PROGRAM: Community Engagement Program
SUPPORTED BY: Outreach Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The Community Engagement Intern will assist in community engagement opportunities, event planning, coordinating special projects, maintaining a volunteer database, and strengthening community partnerships.
PROGRAM LENGTH: 10 weeks, minimum 10 hours per week
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to Outreach Manager, Lisa Sohni, at firstname.lastname@example.org . Position open until filled.
- Actively completing a BA in Communications, Public Relations, Business, or related field. Other related educational experience is accepted. Applicants using internship for class credit preferred.
- Background/ interest in the fields of social justice, human services, community education and engagement a plus
- Ability to communicate written and orally with clarity and efficiency
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Motivated self-starter, with the ability to work with indirect supervision in a busy environment
- Experience and desire to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and think strategically
- Ability to generate enthusiasm around programs and events as well as appreciate those individuals, groups, and businesses supporting our agency
- Required to undergo Federal Background Investigation
- Valid driver’s license and current vehicle insurance required
- Gain experience with event planning, fundraising, and all aspects of non-profit community engagement.
- Develop rapport and establish strong connections with local community partners, groups, businesses, and non-profit organizations.
- Learn how to work, communicate, and make positive change in a professional office environment.
- Letter of recommendation can be provided upon successful completion of internship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with Outreach Manager with event planning, execution, follow-up, and additional aspects of community engagement opportunities, holiday drives for our clients and fundraising events.
- Research tabling, engagement, and partnership opportunities in the community for Lydia Place; represent agency as-needed.
- Support volunteer recruitment, volunteer database maintenance and reports.
- Assist with the coordination, organization and dispersal of community donations to our direct service staff.
- Assist with creating promotional materials and content for in house signage, social media and newsletters for volunteers and greater community.
- A variety of clerical and organizational tasks that are integral to the Community Engagement Team.
- Additional duties as assigned.
To perform position successfully, the individual should demonstrate the following competencies: listens and gets clarification, balances team and individual responsibilities, gives and welcomes feedback, treats people with respect, keeps commitments, follows policies and procedures, completes administrative tasks correctly and on time, supports organization’s goals and values, adapts to changes in the work environment, is consistently at work on time, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent, asks for and offers help when needed, displays willingness to make decisions, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people on decision making process, observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by volunteer to successfully perform essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The volunteer must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception. While performing these position duties, the volunteer is regularly required to listen to others and provide verbal feedback. The volunteer is required to sit for extended periods of time. Volunteer also is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, or balance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com