Website Lydia Place
POSITION TITLE: MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN
MISSION: To disrupt the cycle of homelessness and promote sustained independence for current and future generations.
VISION: A compassionate community where everyone has a home and the opportunity to thrive.
PROGRAM: Mental Health
SUPPORTED BY: Clinical Program Director
SALARY RANGE: $27.00-$36.45/hour, 40 hours/week, non-exempt
Candidate offers consider experience, qualifications, and internal equity.
Entry salary typically in the first third of the range.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: 21 days of paid time off (PTO) per year (prorated for Regular PT employees based on FTE rate); 12 paid holidays; agency sponsored healthcare plan (for Regular employees working 30 or more hours per week); Employee Assistance Program (EAP); 3% employer contribution to 403(b) Retirement Plan after 1 year of employment; supportive work culture; family friendly and flexible scheduling.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Mental Health Clinician is responsible for providing mobile, primarily in-home clinical mental health services to individuals currently or recently experiencing homelessness.
LYDIA PLACE VALUES:
We believe strong healthy communities are the foundation to a better world.
We believe it is our responsibility to actively challenge systems of oppression. We recognize
a majority of those experiencing homelessness have been marginalized.
We believe that the best way to eliminate homelessness is to look beyond short-term solutions and focus on breaking the generational cycle of poverty.
We value each other as humans first. We know that the best outcomes for our clients and our community are achieved when our team is healthy and thriving.
TO APPLY: Email resume and detailed cover letter outlining your interest, qualifications, experience, or information that may not be encompassed in your resume such as lived experience that as it relates to this position, in attached .doc or .pdf format to HR & Operations Manager, Haley White at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also submit hard copy materials via PO BOX 28487 Bellingham, WA 98228. Position open until filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT: Lydia Place is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on the basis of race, sex/gender, religion/creed, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin, genetic markers, military or veteran’s status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Real-world experience has value in the workplace. Individuals who identify with non-dominant groups, who have experienced poverty and had first-hand knowledge working with system resources, and who have relevant, lived experience equivalent to minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- Master’s degree and current DOH Licensure in Washington as an LMHC, LICSW, or LMFT and in good standing.
- 2 years of experience providing direct mental health counseling and/or substance use disorders with individuals and families, including assessment and treatment, preferably in community mental health or substance use treatment setting
- Skilled in group facilitation and organization
- Comprehensive clinical understanding of adult and children’s mental health, differential diagnosis, and evidence-based treatment approaches.
- Experience working with a diverse groups of people
- Proficiency with word processing, Microsoft Office programs, and cloud-based internet software
- Completion of background investigation that includes social security verification, professional reference checks, and a federal criminal background investigation
- Valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle and proof of insurance required
- Proficiency in Spanish, Russian, or Sign Language preferred
Due to Washington State mandate, all Lydia Place employees and volunteers are required to have full COVID-19 vaccination and ability to furnish proof of such by first day of work for continued employment. Exceptions for individuals with a medical reason or bone fide religious belief will be reviewed and determine by Lydia Place Directors.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES:
Must be able to adopt anti-oppression, anti-racist, and trauma-informed framework to navigate complex systems of racism, poverty, homelessness, violence against women and children and other systems of oppression.
Must be able to read and interpret documents, write reports, correspond verbally and in writing with clarity, and must embody active listening skills. Must be able to ask for help when needed and offer help to others when appropriate as well as give and receive feedback. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
Ability to assess and identify actions to address issues independently while knowing when to ask for appropriate support.
Effectively able to manage time and develop and carry out complex timelines and action plans. Able to follow policies and procedures.
Responsible, reliable, and accountable for actions in all settings. Open and honest about own strengths, limitations, and boundaries. Able to maintain confidentiality and commitments.
Must have an awareness of own emotions and be able to manage them while also being able to understand and respond appropriately to the emotions of others. Effectively manage disagreements. Ability to manage frequent high stress situations.
Adept at holding space for opposing ideas and embrace diversity in all areas of the workplace.
Willingness to step outside of your comfort zone to address uncertainty, fear, discomfort, inequities.
Positive change and innovation requires that we ask questions. The why’s, why nots, and what-ifs are crucial to this work and we encourage and expect employees to ask questions. We look for curiosity about ourselves, our workplace, the people, and families we serve, and the larger community.
Able to adapt and pivot as situations arise that are unexpected and/or challenging. Embrace needed change and manage well when faced with ambiguity.
Thinking outside the box, resourcefulness, trying new things, approaching things differently and moving beyond the status quo.
Embraces a team approach with colleagues, community partners, and can work both individually and part of a team when needed. Supports organizations goals and values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver high quality, individualized, and tailored in-home, in office, and telehealth counseling to individuals and families in accordance with ethical standards and program contracts.
- Conduct diagnostic assessments to identify client strengths and needs
- Develop, implement, and update client treatment plans as appropriate
- Provide ongoing wellness, safety, and crisis planning for individual clients
- Provide responsive and strengths-based crisis management
- Strict adherence to HIPPA laws and practices
- Timely completion of therapy notes and all required file paperwork.
- Represent Lydia Place by serving on various internal and external committees/task forces
- Provide consultation, support, and training regarding mental health and substance use disorders to direct service staff as needed for both professional development and in response to individual client needs
- Participate in training and professional development as required by agency, program, and your individual license. Seek out additional support and training as needed in consultation with supervisor.
- Track outcomes and prepare reports upon request
- Additional duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception. While performing these job duties, the employee is regularly required to listen to others and provide verbal feedback. The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time. Employee also is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, or balance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com