Website Lydia Place
POSITION TITLE: OUTREACH MANAGER
MISSION: To disrupt the cycle of homelessness and promote sustained independence for current and future generations.
VISION: A compassionate community where everyone has a home and the opportunity to thrive.
PROGRAM: Community Engagement Program
RESPONSIBLE TO: Community Engagement Director
SALARY RANGE: $19.00-$27.06* per hour, non-exempt, 40 hrs/week
*Candidate offers consider experience, qualifications, internal equity.
Entry salary typically in the first third of the range.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: 21 days of paid time off (PTO) per year (prorated for Regular PT employees based on FTE rate); 11 paid holidays; agency sponsored healthcare plan (for Regular employees working 30 or more hours per week); 3% employer contribution to 403(b) Retirement Plan after 1 year of employment; supportive work culture; family friendly and flexible scheduling.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Outreach Manager is a key member of the Community Engagement Team and is responsible for coordinating in-kind donations, managing donated goods, processing donation records and supporting agency program, fundraising, and outreach events and efforts, working to developing and retaining community partnerships, overseeing direct service voucher programs, and supporting donor database management and agency public relations, marketing and graphics needs.
LYDIA PLACE VALUES:
We believe strong healthy communities are the foundation to a better world.
We believe it is our responsibility to actively challenge systems of oppression. We recognize a majority of those experiencing homelessness have been marginalized.
We believe that the best way to eliminate homelessness is to look beyond short-term solutions and focus on breaking the generational cycle of poverty.
We value each other as humans first. We know that the best outcomes for our clients and our community are achieved when our team is healthy and thriving.
TO APPLY: Email resume and detailed cover letter outlining your interest, qualifications and experience as it relates to this position in attached .doc or .pdf format to HR & Operations Manager, Haley White at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also submit hard copy materials via PO BOX 28487 Bellingham, WA 98228. Position open until filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT: Lydia Place is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on the basis of race, sex/gender, religion/creed, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin, genetic markers, military or veterans status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Real-world experience has value in the workplace. Individuals who identify with non-dominant groups, who have experienced poverty and had first-hand knowledge working with system resources, and who have relevant, real-world experience equivalent to minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply.
• Demonstrated experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English, Marketing, or related field AND 2 years of relevant employment
• Background/interest in the fields of social justice, human services, community education and community engagement
• Success in creating and cultivating public/private partnerships
• Ability to work independently, adapt easily to change, and handle stressful situations effectively and regularly
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information
• Ability to use basic math skills in statistical reports
• Ability to be flexible, work effectively as part of a team, commitment to embracing diversity and respecting individuals’ differences
• Excellent interpersonal skills, public speaking skills and communication skills both verbally and in writing
• Well organized, attention to detail, able to balance multiple projects and develop and carry out complex timelines and action plans
• Skilled in use of relevant computer, social media platforms, and design software: Including but not limited to: Microsoft Suite, Adobe Suite, Facebook, Instagram, WordPress, InDesign, Illustrator, Canva
• Proficient with web design and html: WordPress, installing templates, uploading/managing databases, CMS and CRM tools
• Proficient with campaign marketing and auction software: Constant Contact, Greater Giving, MailChimp
• Demonstrated effectiveness in project and deadline management
• Flexibility in scheduled work hours as necessary
• Sound skills and understanding of copywriting, design, marketing, branding and design principles
• Required to undergo DSHS and Federal Background Investigation
• Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle and proof of insurance required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS & COLLABORATIONS:
• Collaborate with the direct service team to identify essential, unmet client needs for goods and services
• Build community partnerships and collaborations to meet those unmet needs
• Develop, implement, and manage systems to receive, manage, store, and distribute goods and service donated for client benefit
• Oversee voucher programs, balances, and partnerships with: Flip, Habitat for Humanity, Y’s Buys, and others
• Effectively manage shed or other access sites where clients receive or have access to goods and services, utilizing and supervising interns/volunteers
• Identify and solicit donations for community family activities and special program events for clients throughout the year
• Develop and implement strategies to cultivate, retain, and recognize our community partners, include distributing donation receipts and other appreciation/communication strategies
• Under the guidance of the Housing Program Director and with support from the CE team, assist with coordination, creation, and distribution of gifts, plaques, and outreach materials to build awareness and support our recruitment and retention strategies, events and marketing for landlords
• Maintain agency wishlists on websites and retail platforms
• Develop, implement, and manage systems to receive, manage, store, and redistribute goods and services donated for client benefit
• Effectively manage agency storage sites where clients receive or have access to goods and services through utilization and supervision of interns/volunteers
• Manage donor records in agency database and help prepare records, reports, and exports to support Community Engagement Program projects and goals
• Write donor thank you notes and distribute donation receipts
• Assist with coordination and distribution of gifts, plaques and outreach materials
• Manage volunteer and donor database import/export to ensure accuracy and provide support to PR & Graphics Manager and Community Engagement Director for volunteer and donor mailings
PUBLIC RELATIONS & GRAPHICS:
• Collaborate with PR & Graphics Manager to complete campaign marketing plans, graphic elements, and all outreach communications
• Develop and distribute of monthly e-newsletters
To perform job successfully, the individual should demonstrate the following competencies: listens and gets clarification, balances team and individual responsibilities, gives and welcomes feedback, treats people with respect, keeps commitments, follows policies and procedures, completes administrative tasks correctly and on time, supports organization’s goals and values, adapts to changes in the work environment, is consistently at work on time, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent, asks for and offers help when needed, displays willingness to make decisions, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people on decision making process, observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception. While performing these job duties, the employee is regularly required to listen to others and provide verbal feedback. The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time. Employee also is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, or balance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com