Website Lydia Place
POSITION TITLE: VOLUNTEER & OUTREACH COORDINATOR
MISSION: To disrupt the cycle of homelessness and promote sustained independence for current and future generations.
VISION: A compassionate community where everyone has a home and the opportunity to thrive.
PROGRAM: Community Engagement Program
SUPPORTED BY: Community Engagement Director
SALARY RANGE: $16.00 – $21.42 per hour*, non-exempt, 40 hrs/week
*Candidate offers consider experience, qualifications, and internal equity.
Entry salary typically in the first third of the range.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: 21 days of paid time off (PTO) per year; 11 paid holidays; agency sponsored healthcare plan (for Regular employees working 30 or more hours per week); 3% employer contribution to 403(b) Retirement Plan after 1 year of employment; supportive work culture; family friendly and flexible scheduling.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator is a key member of the Community Engagement Program team for recruitment, screening, training and coordination of all agency volunteers, in addition to supporting donor database management, fundraising and outreach events, agency public relations and marketing and graphics needs.
LYDIA PLACE VALUES:
We believe strong healthy communities are the foundation a better world.
We believe it is our responsibility to actively challenge systems of oppression. We recognize a majority of those experiencing homelessness have been marginalized.
We believe that the best way to eliminate homelessness is to look beyond short-term solutions and focus on breaking the generational cycle of poverty.
We value each other as humans first. We know that the best outcomes for our clients and our community are achieved when our team is healthy and thriving.
TO APPLY: Email resume and detailed cover letter outlining your interest, qualifications and experience as it relates to this position in attached .doc or .pdf format to HR & Operations Manager, Haley White at email@example.com. You may also submit hard copy materials via PO BOX 28487 Bellingham, WA 98228. Position open until filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT: Lydia Place is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on the basis of race, sex/gender, religion/creed, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin, genetic markers, military or veterans status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
• Demonstrated experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English, Marketing, or related field AND 2 years of relevant employment
• Minimum of one year of volunteer coordination or related experience
• Background/interest in the fields of human services, community education, graphic design and community engagement
• Ability to work independently, adapt easily to change, and handle stressful situations effectively and regularly
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information
• Ability to use basic math skills in statistical reports
• Experience managing volunteers including orienting, training, management and coaching
• Ability to be flexible, work effectively as part of a team, commitment to embracing diversity and respecting individuals’ differences
• Excellent interpersonal skills, public speaking, and communication skills both verbally and in writing
• Well organized, attention to detail, able to balance multiple projects and develop and carry out complex timelines and action plans
• Proficient with web design and html: WordPress, installing templates, uploading/managing databases, CMS and CRM tools
• Proficient with campaign marketing and auction software: Constant Contact, Greater Giving, MailChimp
• Skilled in use of relevant computer, social media platforms, and design software: Including but not limited to: Microsoft Suite, Adobe Suite, Facebook, Instagram, WordPress, InDesign, Illustrator, Canva
• Sound skills and understanding of copywriting, design, marketing, branding and design principles
• Flexibility in scheduled work hours as necessary
• Required to undergo DSHS and Federal Background Investigation
• Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle and proof of insurance required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
• Assist in the coordination of Hearts for Housing, Handbags for Housing, Art for Housing and other community events that are a part of the Lydia Place events/outreach calendar and involve community awareness/engagement elements
• Assist in the coordination of agency program events – Bounce, Thanksgiving, and Adopt a Family, along with other community events that are a part of the Lydia Place direct service program calendar and involve community awareness/engagement elements
• Effectively represent the organization in the community at tabling, outreach, and speaking engagements
• Assist with promotion of Lydia Place activities and events on community calendars and social media
• Provide campus tours to agency donors and community members
• Manage program/event volunteers and online platform including responding to inquiries, scheduling interviews, preparing paperwork, and conducting orientations prior to the start of their volunteer service
• Oversee, train, and manage volunteers at events and activities that pertain to fundraising/outreach
• Coordinate with Community Engagement Director to maintain a list of needs in support of the events calendar
• Coordinate with the Facility Manager and Campus Housing Program Manager to maintain a list of one-time and on-going campus facility and grounds needs
• Coordinate and oversee one-time volunteer work parties and on-going volunteer partnerships to fulfill campus and grounds needs
• Create, maintain, and implement a comprehensive volunteer recognition strategy with input from program managers; including annual appreciation events.
• Collect monthly timesheets from Program Managers, enter hours in agency database, and run monthly reports
• Manage exterior volunteer postings, including Whatcom Volunteer Center
• Keep up to date volunteer records in CRM platform
• Additional duties as assigned
PUBLIC RELATIONS & GRAPHICS:
• Collaborate with PR & Graphics Manager to complete event and outreach marketing plans, graphic elements, and all outreach communications
• Develop and distribute quarterly volunteer e-newsletters
To perform job successfully, the individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Highly organized and detail oriented, visionary leadership and ability to make thoughtful change as needed, grant and fund research and writing, human and fiscal resource management, balance of team and individual responsibilities, gives and welcomes feedback, listens and gets clarification, treats people with respect, keeps commitments, follows policies and procedures, completes administrative tasks correctly and on time, supports organization’s goals and values, adapts to changes in the work environment, is consistently at work on time, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent, asks for and offers help when needed, displays willingness to make decisions, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people on decision making process, observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception. While performing these job duties, the employee is regularly required to listen to others and provide verbal feedback. The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time. Employee also is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, or balance.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org