POSITION: Marketing and Social Media Intern
PROGRAM: Marketing, Development and Outreach
SUPPORTED BY: Community Engagement Coordinator
PAY RANGE: Unpaid Internship
PURPOSE: The purpose of the Marketing and Social Media Internship is to provide an opportunity for those interested in marketing, communications and business to have a first-hand experience working in their field alongside a non-profit agency/ small retail business. The Marketing and Social Media Intern at Lydia Place’s thrift store Wise Buys will require a minimum of one quarter, fifteen hours per week.
FOCUS: The Marketing and Social Media Intern will focus on the upkeep of all web and social media platforms to reflect the mission and vision of Wise Buys and Lydia Place, as well as advertising upcoming events, promotions and specials. In addition, the position will include the creation and weekly posting of a blog for Wise Buys, the creation/ updating of marketing materials, as well as other administrative duties related to the store and agency as a whole.
Benefits of the Lydia Place/ Wise Buys Internship Program:
- Student will experience practical application within a business setting.
- Student will learn how to function on a team.
- Student will become familiar with the day-to-day operations of a non-profit, and a small business.
Functions of the Lydia Place Internship Program (not limited to):
- Perform maintenance and upkeep to website and social media platforms.
- Write and post weekly blog post.
- Research new online and community based marketing opportunities.
- Contribute to store interior signage, merchandising and display in relation to event and store promotion.
- Use of proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, proofreading and keyboarding skills.
- Adobe, Photoshop or other photo editing software.
- Understanding and proficiency in online technologies including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WordPress.
- Previous course work in public relations/marketing, communications, or business.
- Ability to organize and prioritize time and materials efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn tasks readily, to adhere to prescribed routines and to possess attention to detail.
- Ability to deal tactfully and graciously with both internal and external partners.
- Must pass a background check.
TO APPLY: Send resume, link to online portfolio/website or post, and a letter of interest to Volunteer Coordinator, Lindsey Vis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com