Job Title: Training and Administrative Coordinator
Supported by: Store Manager
Pay Rate: $12.00 per hour
Effective Date: Fall 2017
PURPOSE: The purpose of the Training and Administrative Coordinator is to provide an opportunity for those interested in gaining management experience supervising a team to have a first-hand experience working in their field inside a non-profit small business. The Training and Administrative Coordinator at Wise Buys will require a full academic year, fifteen hours a week, Tuesday through Saturday between the hours of 9:30-5:30. We can be flexible with your school schedule.
FOCUS: The Training and Administrative Coordinator will focus on supervising and training a team to increase sales and improve productivity. The position will include supervising volunteers to ensure productivity standards are being met. In addition, the Intern will inspire teamwork and an efficient workflow. Training and delegating will be a big part of this role. This position will also support basic operational store duties such as cashiering, opening and closing and various other tasks as needed.
Benefits of the Wise Buys/Lydia Place Work Study Position:
- Student will learn to inspire teamwork to increase productivity.
- Student will learn about supervising, delegating and training.
- Student will become familiar with the day-to-day operations of a non-profit small business.
- Student will experience all the components of managing a retail store.
Functions of the Wise Buys Work Study Position (not limited to):
- Supervise Volunteers to ensure store standards and great customer service.
- Assist with the ongoing training of volunteers.
- Oversee the Volunteer Engagement Program.
- Delegate to ensure efficient productivity and increase profitability.
- Supervise the store in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Open and close the store as assigned.
- Understanding of business and customer service.
- Understanding of basic human resource guidelines.
- Basic cash handling and customer service skills.
- Able to safely lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods.
- Strong desire to build a business.
- Comfortable with training, delegating and supervising others.
- Ability to organize, delegate and prioritize time and materials efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn tasks readily, to adhere to prescribed routines and to possess attention to detail.
- Ability to deal tactfully and graciously with both internal and external partners.
- Ability to be proactive and communicate ideas consistently.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Must pass a background check.
To apply: Send your resume and cover letter to Lindseyv@lydiaplace.org. Position is open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com