POSITION: Wise Buys Business Management Intern
PROGRAM: Community Engagement/Wise Buys
SUPPORTED BY: Store Manager
PAY RANGE: Unpaid Internship
TO APPLY: Send your resume and cover letter to Lindseyv@lydiaplace.org. Position is open until filled.
PURPOSE: The purpose of the Management Intern is to provide an opportunity for those interested in gaining management experience supervising a team to have a first-hand experience working in their field inside a non-profit small business. The Management Intern at Wise Buys will require a minimum of 1 quarter, fifteen hours a week, Tuesday through Saturday between the hours of 9:30-5:30. We can be flexible with your school schedule.
FOCUS: The Management Intern will focus on supervising and training a team to increase sales and improve productivity. The position will include supervising volunteers to ensure productivity standards are being met. In addition, the Intern will inspire teamwork and an efficient work flow. Training and delegating will be a big part of this role. This position will also support basic operational store duties such as cashiering, opening and closing and various other tasks as needed.
Benefits of the Wise Buys/Lydia Place Internship Program:
- Student will experience a supervised management role.
- Student will learn to inspire teamwork to increase productivity.
- Student will learn about supervising, delegating and training.
- Student will become familiar with the day-to-day operations of a non-profit small business.
- Student will experience all the components of managing a retail store.
Functions of the Wise Buys Internship Program (not limited to):
- Supervise Volunteers to ensure store standards are being met.
- Assist with the ongoing training of volunteers.
- Delegate to ensure efficient productivity and increase profitability.
- Assist with managing the store in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Open and close the store as assigned.
- Understanding of business.
- Understanding of basic human resource guidelines.
- Basic cash handling and customer service skills.
- Able to safely lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods.
- Strong desire to build a business.
- Comfortable with training, delegating and supervising others.
- Ability to organize, delegate and prioritize time and materials efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn tasks readily, to adhere to prescribed routines and to possess attention to detail.
- Ability to deal tactfully and graciously with both internal and external partners.
- Ability to be proactive and communicate ideas consistently.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Must pass a background check.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com