POSITION: Hardlines Merchandising Intern
PROGRAM: Wise Buys Thrift Store
SUPPORTED BY: Store Manager
PAY RANGE: Unpaid Internship
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to Lindsey Vis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled.
PURPOSE: The purpose of the Merchandising Intern is to provide an opportunity for those interested in retail merchandising and visual display to have a first-hand experience working in their field inside a non-profit small business. The Hard-lines Merchandising Intern at Wise Buys will require a minimum of one quarter, fifteen hours a week.
FOCUS: The Hard-lines Merchandising Intern will focus on creating inspiring displays and merchandising to increase sales and improve the overall ambiance and visual direction of the store. The position will include maintaining fresh displays throughout the store on a weekly basis or as needed by the business. Assist in new window displays and product merchandising to increase sales. This position will also support basic operational store duties such as cashiering, opening and closing and various other tasks as needed.
Benefits of the Wise Buys/Lydia Place Internship Program:
- Student will experience a supervised merchandising and visual merchandising role.
- Student will learn to function on a team and gain fundamental knowledge.
- Student will learn about merchandising and visual display to benefit sales and brand messaging.
- Student will become familiar with the day-to-day operations of a non-profit small business.
- Student will learn how to train, delegate and lead a team to execute a vision.
Functions of the Wise Buys Internship Program (not limited to):
- Create in store displays in compliance with Manager to promote the store image, merchandise, promotions and mission.
- Assist in the planning and execution of window displays as scheduled.
- Ensure merchandise presentation is maintained, organized and shoppable.
- Train and supervise volunteers to maintain merchandise standards.
- Delegate volunteers to execute merchandising changes.
- Be a leader in the store when Manager is not available.
- Knowledge of lifestyle branding and housewares trends.
- Strong understanding of color and design concepts.
- Basic cash handling and customer service skills.
- Safely Able to lift 50 pounds and be on your feet for long periods.
- Strong desire to be creative and think outside the box.
- Comfortable with training, delegating and supervising a diverse group of people.
- Ability to organize, delegate and prioritize time and materials efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn tasks readily, to adhere to prescribed routines and to possess attention to detail.
- Ability to deal tactfully and graciously with both internal and external partners.
- Ability to be proactive and communicate ideas consistently.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Must pass a background check.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com